- This event has passed.
ISA: Introduction to Industrial Processes, Measurement and Control (FG07)
June 25 - June 29$3080
This is a 5-day training opportunity here in the Twin Cities in conjunction with Emerson Process Management at their new Shakopee campus. It is a popular course that combines lecture and hands-on activities that cover broad fundamental aspects of Industrial Processes, Measurement and Control. It is a tremendous opportunity for those interested in excellent, easily available training without added expense of travel, hotel and meals. It is intended to be a foundation course for follow-on ISA technical training which the TwinCities-ISA is currently forming to help build a network of CCST’s, CAP’s and CSE’s that could begin to address skills-gaps within various industries and local employers.
The link to register is an active URL link in the lower left corner of the attached course poster. For the serious student, please note the recommended text identified in the lower right corner that can be ordered from this active link: https://www.isa.org/store/measurement-and-control-basics,-fifth-edition/35107748.
This popular course combines lecture and hands-on labs to prove an overview of industrial measurement and control. Technicians, engineers, and managers are provided with a foundation for communication with other control system professionals. Serves as a solid fundamental course for introduction to other ISA courses.
You will be able to:
- Communicate with measurement and control professionals
- Discuss the role of measurement and control in industrial processes
- Differentiate between continuous, batch and discrete control
- Apply specific ISA standards to interpret symbols and drawings associated with process control documentation
- Discuss and apply the most common methods and devices used in temperature, pressure, level, and flow measurement
- List control valves in a feedback control loop
- Discuss the fundamentals of process control
- Differentiate between various control system architectures
- Discuss trends in measurement and control technology
- And much more
You will cover:
- Concepts of process control
- Industrial measurement systems
- Pressure measurements
- Level measurements
- Flow measurements
- Temperature measurements
- Control valves
- Feedback control strategies
- Control system hardware
- Smart field devices
- Calibrate process measurement devices for level, temperature, pressure, and flow using a variety of state-of-the-art calibration equipment
- Interpret simple P&IDs
- Configure smart transmitters
- Operate digital controllers
- Tune control loops using software
- Build and tune an actual feedback control loop
- Review flow measurements and pressure scales
A hand-held scientific calculator should be brought to class.
Recommended resources: Measurement and Control Basics, 5th Edition (not included with training course)