- This event has passed.
MnSPE: Technical Presentation
November 1, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
OSHA & NFPA70E Based Electrical Safety in the Workplace
Electrical safety plays a critical role in the workplace. Workers need to be aware of potential dangers and how to identify and properly address the hazards they may face. This presentation will bring a general awareness of electrical shock and arc flash hazards, a real-world approach to OSHA and NFPA requirements, as well as safe work practices for protecting workers.
Attendees at this seminar will learn about:
- Defining the relationship between OSHA and NFPA70E
- Understanding arc flash hazards and their effects
- Identifying the approach boundaries for arc flash protection
- Understanding shock hazards and their effects
- Identifying the approach boundaries for shock protection
- Defining the responsibilities of the employer and employee in applying safety-related work practices
- Defining personal protective equipment for electrical hazards
- Understanding warning signs and identification labels
Rick Sperl is a 33-year veteran in the electrical industry, holding various positions in maintenance department management, industrial and commercial electrical installations, power systems studies, electrical design, and as corporate safety director. He is a registered Minnesota class A master electrician and is an authorized OSHA trainer. Rick currently works at Excel Engineering, Inc. in the power systems group performing arc flash analysis and electrical safety training.
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 27, 2017
All registrations after 10/27 will be assessed a $50 late fee through Monday, October 30.
No registrations will be accepted after 10/30.
No walk-in registrations will be accepted.
Live site attendees have the option to purchase a boxed lunch during the registration process.
Cost: FREE for current MnSPE members, MnSPE Platinum/Gold Industry Partners group webinar sites and non-member TKDA St. Paul office employees.
*Platinum/Gold Industry Partners, for a free promo code.
*Membership must be current on the date of the seminar.
*Not a current member but want to attend for free? Join MnSPE for 6 months free.
- Individual non-members (in person or via live webinar): $100
- Small group webinar site of 3-5 non-members participating: $290
- Medium group webinar site of 6-10 non-members participating: $575
- Large group webinar site of 11+ non-members participating: $1,050